Onboard cameras are increasingly popular with both commercial and private vehicle users. They provide on-the-spot evidence of incidents which can be invaluable when it comes to making or disputing insurance claims. The SmartWitness KP1 goes a step further than simple onboard cameras by including 3G/4G instant video transmission, together with tracking and telematics data, so detailed information about an incident and its exact location is available instantly.
The SmartWitness KP1 Features
- Wide 170-degree viewing angle: The camera produces unambiguous footage that can be used by insurance companies to settle disputed claims
- Optional audio recording: Choose to capture and record sound, as well.
- Dual SD cards: Get longer recording time and never worry about running out of storage with dual SD card slots
- Fully Secure: Password protection and lockable cover prevents unauthorised tampering
- Second camera: A driver facing camera watches the vehicle interior as well as the road
- GPS: The KP1 has built-in GPS to pinpoint location and fully integrates with Google Maps/Street View
- 3G and 4G: Remote retrieval of evidence via 3G or 4G mobile internet, meaning you can get that crucial footage onto your device safely and securely in no time at all
SmartWitness KP1 Benefits
There are many situations in which evidence from a camera is invaluable. When the KP1 detects an incident it instantly emails a 10-second video clip to an authorised recipient so that you can be sure the information won’t be lost if the device is subsequently damaged.
- Guard against cash-for-crash scams and other forms of insurance fraud
- Identify exaggerated whiplash or damage claims and pinpoint driving offences
- The KP1 gives you the peace of mind of knowing you can prove you weren’t at fault in any future insurance claim
- Eliminate conflicting reports with unambiguous video footage that shows the events leading up to an incident with perfect clarity.
- Can be hardwired to vehicle, meaning it will automatically start filming when you start your engine
The KP1 requires no on-going subscriptions or other charges so once it’s installed you don’t need to worry about continuing protection. It uses high-quality components so you can be sure of reliable operation. You can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your drivers are protected from many of the issues they face on the roads.
If you want to learn more about the KP1, simply call the iTracking team on 0333 2000 670 or use our contact form and we’ll be happy to discuss your requirements and to arrange a personal demonstration of the camera as required.
Read our Vehicle Camera Guides
- How 3G Dashboard Cameras Can Reduce Your Insurance Premiums
- The Benefits of Vehicle Cameras
- Changing Driver Behaviour With In-Vehicle Cameras And Black Boxes
- A Smart Witness: How Vehicle Accident Cameras are Catching Dangerous Drivers and Fraudsters